Prejudiced Eyes


Emotions lying dormant in the heart not expressed in words, pave way to the slow demise of the satiating quest for redemption. Unwilling to murder my emotions and setting myself free from prejudice, i unfurl the truth from deep within......

you pulled me out of dungeons of darkness
and cared for me like a loving mistress
you heard my call when i was in distress
and on your answering i saw our oneness

your love for me, i really fear
i don't want to lose you dear
for even the four corners of the earth
ring with your name from birth

your footsteps i've never ceased to follow
your heart was full of love, never hollow
from no one else i could borrow
a smile, a touch to carry on for tomorrow

'mesmerizing' is not the word
to describe you, a word i've never heard
your promise and warmth is all i need
to go on with life, to others, paying no heed

the stare you give makes me frail
my mission on earth at times i fail
to live a life with you in harmony
i don't want to utter a word of destiny

the way we arrange ourselves together
at times, makes me wonder
the world is small, round and new
and to me so are you

nature has to go its way
and we have to die someday
but anytime you need me just call
i'll be there during a fall

call me by name
or call me your way, oh dame
for to your call if i'm not answering
i'll be waiting for you, oh please come running

1 comment:

Diya said...

A wonderful poem. Seems you have really felt and written it. Keep up the good work and looking forward to better ones.