On 18 - Here I am


The period in life when technology, fashion, amusement, nocturnal life takes the upper hand in helping you explode out of that silent, submissive, shy shell.... Where am I? Has this really got a hold on me?

Keep thinking why my peers sit glued to the N series mobiles doing what I know not. I proudly possess one of the oldest models of Nokia, a 1100, not forgetting its the best, fulfilling the basic necessities of speaking and messaging.Hayaboosa, Pulsar 180, Taurus etc seem to be the buzz word of all my pals backed up heavily with speed, skills, risk and adventure.Forget the bikes I'm not even the owner of a license. Being an athlete I feel honoured using my two muscular, sturdy legs chariotting me to the nearest farthest distance.

Gone are the days when teens used to wear formals and were considered well dressed. It's all reduced to Bermudas and capris referred by the locals as 'valli nikkaru'. Fashion today is more exposing than concealing. Wouldn't find a college hero without a boot cut pair of jeans, body fit transparent tee shirt and the latest pair of shoes off the shelves of the Adidas or the Nike showroom, trying his luck in cupids role. Having no girl friend is a crime and you appear to be an out cast among your friends and so I am with no regrets.

Bunking class and tucking themselves in their favourite hangouts such as theatres, parks and not to forget the famous marine drive are the amusement savvy youngsters trying to get a taste of what they ought not to. Preferably I would be strumming my guitar in my sweet home with a pot of tea to keep me company. For the 18's life isn't complete without nocturnal excitement with adrenalin rush at its zenith, reality being misted by the dim, smoky, mysterious disco lights. What other better way could I spend these heavenly hours than submitting myself to the realms of sleep, getting myself ready to take on tomorrow.

Say what you may, I am what I am., happy as happy can be.

No comments: